More works as a Remote Graphic Design Service for SBD and their clients.

For many years I have been giving design services in one way or another to SBD(Solutions by design) Most of those are web administration and designing services in which I have to work directly with WordPress and add some features that are specific for the clients and may require a bit more "creativity" to accomplish.

These features may include whole site re-design, re-branding and in some cases re-programming. Some clients like simple things and some like fancy/extravagant interactive elements integrated into what may otherwise be a static informational site.




This is one of the sites that went from the old version  (on the left/first image) to the new re-design according to the new branding book the client provided. I managed to integrate their new branding into our template and modify their menu structure to accommodate the many features and levels of separation within the website and their curvy footer with off centered semi-transparent logo. With that said, I also managed to script my way into some elements being designed to keep their branding working such as the hexagonal list items and gallery image hexagons within the articles. The goal is to keep the branding and keep the site responsive with mobile access and adjustments being done on the fly. I believe this to be one of the hardest yet most satisfying implementations.




This other site has some modifications for translations including image swapping, also has a nice script for "anonymous" case reporting that fills the form in the corresponding fields before sending it. The website includes animated elements within some of the headers to give them some additional depth. It also includes one of the first versions of my interactive map which became quite popular within their government clients and it is used there after in other designs in more advanced versions.




This project is one of the hardest so far. Its a large complex site with a dynamic design which I had to assemble from a teammate's design with an array of several complex elements the client needed withing. Everything from moving elements to interactive SVG, an additional backend(other than the one in WordPress) to load certain objects such as quick articles, pdf with descriptions, images etc. (all of which WordPress can do but some clients want certain things ) This website also features the most complex version of the interactive map. a Fully SVG based map that generates locational pins and filters the TablePress table based on region clicked, filtered dropdown list of regions or search. The table itself is converted via script into content blocks/cards instead of having just a table -for aesthetic reasons and to give a more "directory" feeling. Originally I was just going to assemble the website but due to some unforeseen reasons I ended up making the map implementations and modifications as well.

There is a lot of CSS,HTML and jQuery which I had to experiment on to make things work. I pride myself on getting things done and as I tell my friend: I'm not a programmer I'm a Graphic Designer... he laughs in my face because whenever he brings me this hard things to do I make every effort and get them to work.

So far I have learned to use the templates to my advantage and with Elementor, Enfold or some other tools which let me integrate script customizations I have been blessed enough to be able to accomplish many things that at one point were deemed impossible(or improbable). I have been using JSFiddle to "fiddle" around for my implementations and it has been quite a Godsend as I'm able to modify ideas, scripts and, keep what I make for later use. Maybe playing around with AI will get some more oomph into the sites in the future as well. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A year and a few months at ICC Thermal

Some works while at WAPA.tv

New webpage for SBD